Thursday, April 13, 2006

Recovery

I lay down on the couch to watch some TV yesterday after spending all my energy updating my blog. I thought I would be able to watch some nice late afternoon TV, the sort that used to be on when I came home from school and could afford to vegetate for a couple hours before getting on with my homework. I was shocked to discover that there is a lack of good TV watching to be had between 4pm and 6pm! That used to be school kids brainwashing time!! Fortunately, I was saved from my endless channel flicking by a visit from Mark and Cheyne. They had heard I was in hospital and wanted to come and wish me well. They brought over a beautiful bunch of flowers, which are currently brightening up the living room, and a chocolate easter bunny (someone knows how much I love chocolate). Cheyne also gave me some new MP3's to listen too. Mark and I had a look through our old mint issue coins, just to see what they all were. I had forgotten all about what the different coin sets were, but Mark managed to figure it out. It was most enjoyable to spend some time looking at things and learning along the way.
Cheyne was due to meet someone at Chadstone, so Mark and Cheyne had to leave pretty abruptly. After they left, I had dinner and watched Neighbors. I should add that Neighbors has changed so much since I used to watch it everyday after school that I could hardly follow this latest episode. After dinner, I watched Aladdin. I quite enjoyed the movie, and realized just how far animation has come even in just my lifetime. It's amazing how much of the story I couldn't remember from when I was a little kid too.
Wow, I am babbling...
After watching the movie I went to bed, and had to figure out how I could manage to take all my medications at the correct times... That was a bit of a challenge. I managed, and this morning I feel really good. I have spent most of today on the computer, so there is not much else to write about, except that I am planning to go shopping for Phil's birthday present later today. Probably after lunch. I will have to catch the bus down there and back.. I am such a cripple. Maybe I can buy him something online. Wow I am lazy.
-Andrew

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What do you mean you could hardly follow Neighbours? It’s a soap opera. They can always be followed, even if you take a break of 10 years, some things never change. Glad you enjoyed our short lived visit.