Monday, April 03, 2006

The rat race.

Most people use the weekend to escape the rat race, but laterl it seems like I just cant escape. The first moment I have gotten to relax over the last 2 days is when I get onto the train on Monday morning. I have spent most of the weekend working on my winch assignment. I finished it last night at about 1.30am. I had to get up at 6.30am this morning, so I am a little tired.
The other entertaining thing that happened this weekend is the trivia night. Barbara helped to organise the event to raise money for world vision. I think they made an excess of $3000. I organised a table for the event and we ended up finishing with 104/155 points. I was quite happy with that, considering that the parents table only beat us by 5 points! A very good effort.
After the trivia night, Chris, Cheyne and I went along to peel dance bar. Chris didn't have to work early the next morning so we could stay for quite a while. I had fun dancing the night away, looking back now, I should have spent that time working on the winch assignment. Oh well, I guess everything works out in the end.
Yesterday, Barbara turned 19, so to celebrate we went to la porchetta for dinner. I will post up photos later today.

No comments: