Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Lunch time.

Yesterday was the last day of house sitting for Kelly and Ed. They arrived back from their holiday around lunch time yesterday. So I had to get all my things out of the house and all organised in the morning before going to uni. That was ok, but it left little time to prepare lunch for the day. Chris came to the rescue, and I discovered 2 brown paper bags in the fridge. It was my lunch.
I took the mystery bags to uni, wondering what Chris had packed for me. At morning tea time I finally got the chance to look at what goodies I had. To my surprise, one of the things Chris had sent for morning tea was a little bag of alphabet cookies! I tried to spell words with them, and managed to make out 'Andrew' and 'Chris'. There were no cookies left over, so clearly Chris had made it that way. He is so cute sometimes. I couldn't bring myself to eat such a beautiful gesture straight away, so it stayed arranged on the table while I ate some other food. Diana recons it was funny because I started to giggle at random intervals. Chris is so sweet, how romantic.
Another exciting thing that happened at uni was the lab activity for human factors. We examined the relationship between the complexity of a task and the time taken to perform it accurately. The results produced a method for predicting human behaviour. Quite exciting really. Another activity for the lab was testing the threshold of hearing for a couple subjects. I was one of the subjects, and we discovered that my hearing was better than one of the other subjects, but worse than the other. Another part of the lesson was in the computer lab, where we played with software analysing the strain that is put on different parts of the body when a variety of positions are achieved. The software also can tell you posture information, and predict what percentage of the population would be able to perform certain tasks. There was also a short 10 question online quiz, which counted for 10 percent of my mark. It took 20 minutes, and counted for as much as the winch did, why did I spend much more than 20 minutes on the winch?

No comments: