Thursday, April 06, 2006

The start of an exciting day

Ok, so I am currently on the train, making my way to uni. So far this morning I have checked all my emails, tested some new java games on my phone, and called Chris (who was running late for work), among other usual morning activities. All this extra activity made me think I was going to miss the train! I ran all the way to the train station, it almost killed me! Upon arrival at the train station, I discovered that the train was running 5 minutes late. Sometimes I wonder why I am so stubborn in walking to the train station... Lol
I mentioned that I got some new java games, these run nicely on my phone. I know what you are thinking, 'Andrew... Pay for games?' ... Thats what I thought too, just before I downloaded them off bit torrent. Lol. I got a games pack, it literally has 300 different java games in it, so its a matter of going through them to discover the ones I like. I already tried a couple, and I like bejeweled and Colin McCray rally... (and I know my spelling is really bad)
As hard is it may be to believe, the new games and not the reason why I have an exciting day awaiting me. Last night I got a call from the lady who organises industry based learning for Swinburne engineering students. I emailed her weeks ago to enquire about getting a placement at Apple computer in California, and she asked if I would be able to meet with her to discuss my options. So thats 2pm today! I am so excited. My future awaits.
It seems like recently, all my goals and dreams seem that little bit closer to being realised. I just really hope things do actually work out.
Anyway, getting back to this dream job at Apple. The job would see me working in a team to develope the next generation iPod. It sounds right up my alley, what do you all think?
Tomorrow will be another exciting day, not because I will be deciding anything about my future, but because I am going to a foam party! I have never been to one before, but from what I can gather, its like going clubbing, but instead of adding smoke to the dance floor they add bubbles! Bubbles like the foam u get from soap suds. Its not soap though, so it feels alot nicer apparently. I cant wait to find out what its like! Lol.
I think I have blabbed on long enough, just one more thing before I go on playing java games... Listen to 94.9 FM, its Joy FM's Melbourne frequency. They are really good to listen to during the day cause they play uplifting music and don't talk much. The other community station I really like is 89.9 light FM. They are the local christian station, and also play alot of music during the day.

No comments: