Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Balancing Act

Ooh, it's been ages since I last did a proper update, I will try and keep this one short and sweet.
The past week has been a blur. So much stuff is happening all at once, it's really overwhelming actually. Uni wise, I have been very busy working on the assignments that are due shortly. Between the assignments there is a little bit of study before certain tests. It's all happening! It feels like you never get time to relax! I would love to take a night off.
I guess the balancing act is made even harder by the fact that I feel I am over-committed to several community groups. Lets take last week as an example; every night I had something on.
Monday is 18+ small groups for church, which I really enjoy.
Tuesday is Rovers, which I moderately enjoy. This week we had a guest speaker, a financial planner, who gave us some great tips for saving and building wealth. (I may as well give him a plug... he did give me a free book. lol. His website is www.moneyclip.com.au)
Wednesday night I went bowling with a team I foolishly joined at Swinburne. Well, I shouldn't say I foolishly joined it, but the amount of time it takes out of my day is a little tiresome.
Thursday night I had the honor of needing to be two places at once; church council held it's monthly meeting, and Kmart needed me to work. I tried to do both, but work won most of my time.
Friday night was nice and civilized, it was Chris's brother's birthday, so we made a special effort to have a family dinner. Everyone was there, which was so nice. I hope Tim enjoyed it as much as I did.
Saturday morning I worked on the ballooning photos in the Yarra Valley. Saturday night I was supposed to goto Lisa's birthday party, but in the end I felt too tired, and sent my apologies, as I crawled into bed at 9.30pm.
Sunday night was supposed to be church, but it was spent panicking about the gearbox assignment. Diana and I did loads of work, and got our assignment done, it looks great.
Wow, I just read through what I wrote above, I think I will stop wingeing! I get the feeling that there would be people out there that would love to have the social opportunities I have, and all I can do about it is complain? Why? Am I spoiled?
The world is given to me on a plate, and all I can do is complain about it.... Is this just western culture?

No comments: