Monday, May 22, 2006

Saturday's excitment

Saturday was a very exciting, and action packed day. It started off very slowly though. Chris had to work in the morning, so I took advantage of the fact that I could sleep in. After Chris finished work, and a leisurely lunch, Dean decided to take us up in an airplane. Not the kind of plane I usually travel in, this was just a little light aircraft. It belongs to one of Dean's friends, and seen as Dean has his license, we took advantage of the opportunity to go for a joy flight.
We flew from Moorabbin to Touridin airport and back again. Dean's brother works at Touridin as a flight instructor, so we decided to pop in to say hello. After launch from Moorabbin, Dean explained the basic aircraft controls to me. I was then let loose, being able to fly the plane wherever I wanted. I thought that Dean was actually doing most of the flying, until I looked over to see that he didn't even have his hands on the controls! I totally freaked!
I sort of froze, and started shaking, I went all cold and my fingers got pins and needles in them. So here I was, having a major panic attack while trying to fly a plane in mid air! Apparently I didn't do too badly though. Looking back on it, it was pretty funny. I would try it again I guess, but I am more comfortable being a passenger. It was a very exciting afternoon.
That evening, Tegan had her 21st birthday! (Happy Birthday Teegs!) Lots of people from high school were there, which meant I had some catching up to do. I actually managed to meet some new people too. The girls Tegan went to Denmark with were really cool. It turns out that one of them is a flight attendant! What an exciting job.
Saturday night was also John's sister's engagement party, so John and Jeff had to be at that instead of Tegan's party. After Tegan's party, Chris and I went to visit John and Jeff. It was quite late in the night, so John was a little drunk. We didn't stay long, we took the opportunity to catch up with Jeff.
Jeff has gotten a new job; working for a property developer. It's a pretty good scam, and apparently he's getting a pretty good pay rise out of it too. How exciting, good work Jeff.
On the way home from John's place, we came across a hitch hiker. Chris stopped and gave him a lift. This is the sort of thing I usually wouldn't do, but I wasn't driving. The hitch hiker turned out to be a really nice guy, studying to become a writer or something similar. Sounded boring to me, but he seemed to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Glad you had fun.

Sarah's engaged? Wow!