Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy birthday

Birthday wishes in out to Mauris, who turned 20 on Saturday. To celebrate, we went to the comedy festival, and saw a show called 'lies, nonsense, and celebrity chefs'. The performers seemed to be funny people, and quite talented musicians, but somehow their talents did not combine to make funny songs. Its weird how that happens.
After the show, Mauris, Diana, Scott, Linda, Chris, and myself went to dinner. We chose a greek restaurant from the entertainment book, and proceeded to find the place. It turns out that it was in china town! I thought that was a little odd, but I guess it doesn't really matter.
Chris and Scott elected to have the banquet, which was sort of like a yum cha, but with greek food. All the food was beautiful, and I think Mauris enjoyed himself. It was really nice to be able to enjoy a night out with friends and not talk about uni work.
Chris and Scott got on like a house on fire! It was great. Apparently they are going to start their own radio show on joy fm. Lol. I can just imagine that, "breakfast with Chris and Scott". It would be really entertaining.
The other exciting thing that happened over the weekend happened on Sunday night. Because it was the 5th Sunday of the month, the youth service was held at Ferntree Gully, instead of Glen Waverly UC. Heather and I organised the service, and it all seemed to in really well. I sang out the front, which is something new for me. The next worship service I am helping organise is on mothers day. Tony is also helping me organise it.
I returned to uni today, using the time to help compile the project proposal which is due in tomorrow. I also spent some time searching the library archives for journal articles. Once I managed to find one that was about supermarket cashiers, I had to figure out the photocopier system, which proved a challenge. I managed to photocopy one article in the end, and the others I could download onto my phone. Ooh, the wonders of technology!

No comments: