Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Busy boy.

I have been a very busy boy this week. I have completed two assignments so far, and the week is only half over! I have one more group project due in on Friday.
Monday was the first of the group presentations, with the human factors project and essay being due on Monday. Olman, Arjun, Michael and I presented our work about the ergonomics of supermarket check-outs and their affect on the health of cashiers. I feel we presented fairly well, considering our topic was very dry and boring.
Monday night, for 18 plus, we went to see the Da Vinci Code. I really struggled with that movie, it was very gory and I think I just didn't get some parts of it. Some parts of the story must have been lost between the book and the movie. Next week at 18 plus, we are going to talk about some of the issues raised in the movie, which I am really looking forward to. (yes, I know thats totally square)
Tuesday was the second group presentation for the week. Linda, Mauris, Diana, Anthony and I all suited up for our sales presentation for Wireless Medical. The group presented well, and I think we got extra browny points for making pamphlets to game out during our presentation. A special thanks goes to Chris for printing them for us.
After our presentation, we all went out for lunch at the pub. It was so much fun to hang out with everyone and de-stress. Later in the day we had another break, so we went exploring. I know I am in third year, but I had never managed to find the student lounge. Yesterday, I was on a quest to find this sacred student space. We succeeded, and also found the student radio station, the international student lounge, a computer room with free printing, and the old abandoned student bistro. Quite a day, but to top it all off, I had rovers that night.
At rovers we had a challenge night, the task was to cook a two course meal using $10. (well, I guess we used pots and pans too) Brendan and I cooked a nice meal, with starters and a main. Maybe we should have done dessert, but oh well. Our bill came in at $8.50, so I think we did well. I didn't particularly like what we cooked, it had far too much cou cous for my liking. Oh well, I enjoyed the night anyway.
I am considering buying a MacBook. what does everyone think?

No comments: