Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Holidays

The grass is green (in comparison to how it was 6 months ago), and the birds are singing. The sun is shining and the world is a happy place. (well, my little part of it) So far this holidays, I have managed to avoid school work almost all together. I have been focussed on cleaning and work. On Saturday I completed the online training I have to do before my first shift at K-Mart. It took me almost 5 hours to complete! Then on Sunday, after church I spent the day figuring out what I can get rid of from my computer. I found this very productive, and I lined up many DVDs that I had to burn, as well as distributed alot of my media files onto the other computers on the network. I wish I had a DVD burner like on dad's computer, so I can burn 4700MB onto a disk, rather than the 750MB I can do on my machine. I guess I'll have to save up and get one. :-) Monday I spent most of the day burning disks, and managed to half the amount of data on my hard disk. Which I thought was quite an accomplishment. It made me think about how far computers have come since I have been using them. I remember when we got our first 1GB hard disk, and now I think nothing of burning 4 times that amount onto a DVD. It's amazing. So that was a nice trip down memory lane. I also saw my good friend, Sravan, on monday afternoon. He's visiting Melbourne on his Uni holidays, but will have to return to Adelaide in 2 weeks. Today I plan to spend the morning burning a couple more DVDs that I missed yesterday, and then go to work at the post office. This evening I have rovers. I think we have a games night teamed against another crew.

No comments: